Foreigners tend to marry Ukrainians more often. But registration of marriage with a foreigner has some special aspects that may be difficult to understand without the help of a legal specialist.
A citizen of any country may register a marriage in Ukraine. But the procedure includes more than just passports and applications to the registry office.
Documents required for the registration of marriage in Ukraine:
- passport of the citizen of Ukraine;
- an international passport for foreigners with a passport stamp *;
- a document supporting the dissolution of the previous marriage.
* – a foreigner should legally stay in Ukraine. The legality of the stay is supported by the valid visa and the corresponding marks in the passport.
A foreigner should have the documents legalized (or apostilled) according to legislation. Documents of a foreign citizen should be translated into the Ukrainian language, in Ukraine and should be subject to notarization.
The procedure of legalization and submission has some special aspects. So it is better to turn to the experts in order to save time and avoid misunderstandings.
What do you get by choosing VACARE:
- save time of the customer, the possibility of applying for a marriage registration by proxy;
- consultation of highly qualified specialists on the preparation of required documents, such as divorce certificates, judgments;
- further preparation of your marriage certificate to be used abroad;
- translation of documents of a foreign citizen;
- payment of all fees;
- legal support in the course of marriage registration;
- solving irregular situations, whenever possible;
- a certificate is issued in two copies.
The urgency influences the cost of a package of services.
The standard procedure takes 1 month and costs 4000 UAH.
Shorter procedure takes 2 to 3 working days and costs 400 Euro.
There is a possibility of applying to the registry office by proxy if one of the future spouses is outside Ukraine. In such a case, the bride and the groom should only be present at the ceremony.